Went to Import Car Show today

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Went to Import Car Show today
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 20:47:35 -0700
Since the weather was decent, I decided to check out this local import car show
and see if I could slip the roadster in. After all, it's an import, right? No
problem. They said I could either park with the Nissans (2 Sentra and a Maxima)
or with the Classics (Cobra kit car, early Mustang, GTO kit on a Z chassis and a
General Lee clone). I chose the Classics because space was tight around the
Nissans.

I had a great time! The show was held at a local high school parking lot, but
wasn't affiliated with the school. Even so, as you'd expect, most of the people
were teens-to-twenties, and most of the cars had sound systems that weighed more
than my roadster. There were also three Nissan Skylines there - an R32, an R33
and an R34, take your pick. Must be rough. I still like the R33 best.

The quality of preparation on some of these cars is incredible! Check out this
Honda:
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Import/Red_Honda.jpg
These guys are really into the show scene. Displays with mirrors, professionally
made signs, etc. I felt like I just parked my daily driver in the lot by
mistake!

A fair number of people checked out my car, many liked it, and several older
people came by and said the usual "I used to have one of those! Boy, was it
fun!" I also got a big thumbs-up on the way to the show from a guy in a black
BMW 540i. Made my day.

BTW, Daniel Neuman, do you have any relatives in Seattle? Here's a guy I met
there:
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Import/Daniels_Brother.jpg

Here are a few shots from the show. The GTO kit car has a small-block Chevy V8.
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Import/GTO_Kit_car.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Import/My_car_at_Import_show.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Import/Skyline_R33.jpg
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Import/Skyline_R34.jpg

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]