Re: Junkyard wheel finds in SOCAL

To: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Junkyard wheel finds in SOCAL
From: John Wightman <johnwightman@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:16:47 -0700
Hello all,

I have a line on some  81-83 ZX six-spoke wheels, or some american racing
turbine-type wheels, both of which appear to be 14 X 6. I know this has been
answered many times before, so I apologize for asking again, (but I don't
know if there is a searchable archive for this list). Anyway, my questions
are what are my alternatives for the ZX wheels - 12mm studs, or ??? Is it
difficult to replace the studs, and is that all I need? And what size tire
works best on this size wheel?

Also, if anyone has pics of either of these wheels on a roadster, I'd
appreciate seeing them. I don't know how to describe the american racing
wheels other than to say turbine-type, with a raised lip around the bolt
holes... hope you know what I mean...!

Thanks for your help!

John Wightman
'66 1600