Re: My first quirk (help)

To: "aaron spesard" <spar011@attbi.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My first quirk (help)
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:01:31 -0500
I'm not familiar with the  '66 but the same thing happened with my '70.  In
regards to the headlight problem, that is. Turned out to be a bad headlight
fuse.  There are two, one for each side, on the '70.  Loss of one fuse
causes the exact symptoms you describe with loss of high beams  and
indicator light staying on.  It also caused one of the headlights to burn
much dimmer than normal without actually going out.

As far as the discharge is concerned, sounds like alternator/loose wiring
problems.  A bad ground can cause a multitude of problems none of which seem
to be related.  The Roadsters are infamous for this malady.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359