Re: Heater advice

To: "RWM" <RWM@rwmann.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heater advice
From: "John F" <jfried@lvcm.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:05:10 -0700
I had a few old Bugs when I lived in North Dakota in the '70's.  For that
region, the optional heater (mounted in the front 'trunk') was installed in
nearly all VW's.  They all used gasoline, though.  There was a 8" hole cut
in the firewall on the passenger side for the heat vent.  They were
unbelievably effective regardless of the extreme cold.

It was always in the back of my mind that I had potential bomb sitting a
foot or 2 away, but the instant and intense heat made it worthwhile...

-John F
'69 2000, requiring no optional heater
Las Vegas, NV