Hard top/wheels/soft top boot

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hard top/wheels/soft top boot
From: "Jon and Maggie" <jm.rider@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:28:06 -0700
Hi All,
Any ideas on where a person might find a hardtop at a decent price.  Any
extra's out there?  Would prefer a top with portholes but others would be
considered.  I've got a '69 2000 roadster.

Also, does anyone have patterns for the softtop boot?

How about wheels?  Would prefer the panasport 15" with a medium offset. 6"
wide max.  The price of new ones is a killer though.  I'm going to end up
paying more for wheels and tires than I did for the whole car (almost).

14" wheels with a 4 bolt -4.5 (114.3) bolt pattern and a medium offset (20 -
28 mm) would work as well.  Currently have a set of 14" wheels on the car but
the offset of 35 mm is too great and is causing the tires to rub on the outer
side of the rear wheel wells.  This wasn't a problem until I want back to the
std gas shock.  Previous owner had air shocks in back.  If you go with too
small of an offset the ride the leaf springs.

Running on a set of 185/75R14's right now and wheels with a 35mm offset and
the rubbing condition is bad.

I'm frustrated because, in the current condition, I cannot run TLC (my Wife's
name for the car "That little Car") like she ought to be run.

Sincerely,

Jon R.