who's zzzzat

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: who's zzzzat
From: "Pat Mahoney" <dynaguy54@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:18:18 -0800
Hi I'm Pat Mahoney, an other Irishman in the roadster community. I'm a 48yr.
old resident of North Idaho.  Happily married (second time around) to the
lovely Anne.  We blended a family of 4, two boys, each  21yrs, and two
girls, each 18yrs.  We are now empty-nesters, enjoying a return to sanity in
our lives.

I've been an industrial maintenance supply (nuts,bolts, fasteners)
representative for the same company for 25 yrs.  You recall my diatribe on
counterfiet bolts awhile back. I am putting together bolt packages for
roadsters so those on the list can have availability of top quality
hardware.

I started with a '56 MGA in high school.  Two gallons of bondo and some
bailing wire and it was "restored".  My older sister's boyfriend had a 1600
that I got to drive, an effort to impress sis, I guess.  A few trips up
Poudre Canyon convinced me of what fun those cars were.  My '76  Fiat X 1/9
convinced me to never own an Italian again.  I had a love of two vehicles
from high school, the Roadster and Mustang convertibles.  I found a '65
Mustang Convt. in 1980 and did a ground-up restoration over 10 yrs. It was a
beautiful car, but not really fun to drive.

I picked up my '69 2000 a year ago last summer.  I have the good fortune in
having a neighbor that is restoring a 67.5 to fantastic condition.  He is a
wealth of information and knowledge.  Along with him and the list, I plan on
making my car an attractive, reliable driver.

Pat