Re: Way off!

To: "datsun_sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Way off!
From: "Fairlady" <Fairlady@putermail.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:09:41 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "datsun_sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2002 11:51 PM

> The whole point of my posting was my dissatisfaction with the growing mood
> in this country towards being so politically correct that no symbol,
saying,
> or thought can be expressed unless it in no way, at no time, now or in the
> future, will offend someone. My major point in the e-mail was that the
post
> office is ultimately, in its push to be all things to all people, is
> creating a stamp to honor Muslims only because of the times we are in. i
> would think that if we were not at war with terrorists the stamp would
never
> have made it print. to me it seems like a ploy to get on the Muslim
> communities (foreign and domestic) good side so that they will accept and
> agree with current U.S. policy towards Iraq (which i do support ).

washingtonpost.com
Postal Service Reissues Muslim Stamp
Some Had Protested Image Honoring Eid Feast Days

By Chris L. Jenkins
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, October 18, 2002; Page B03

A postage stamp that commemorates Muslim feast days known as Eid, issued
first by the U.S. Postal Service last year and created by an Arlington
artist, has been reprinted this year, despite requests for its retraction
immediately after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Thirty-five million blue and gold stamps that acknowledge the holidays,
celebrated just after Ramadan and after the annual pilgrimage to Mecca, were
reissued Oct. 10, a sign of the stamp's popularity and the Postal Service's
commitment to including Muslim feasts in the pantheon of holiday
celebrations that include Hanukah, Kwanzaa and Christmas, officials said
this week. About 75 million stamps were printed last year when the design
was unveiled Sept. 1, 2001, an official said.

Just the facts Maam.
Chas