Body Work Question

To: "'Roadsters (E-mail)'" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body Work Question
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 11:59:01 -0800
I suspect as I start into the body work I will have a number or
questions about the best way to handle one problem or another.

Here is the first.  I found a very short pointed tip over my left rear
wheel opening.  I used my chisel to scrape it off and found a very small
brown spot, which I then beat upon lightly with the sharp edge of the 1"
chisel blade.  It went right through and made about a 1/4" hold before
the metal became solid again.  After sanding the paint off and repeating
the beating of the metal with the sharp edge of the chisel I have
uncovered an area about 4" long and no more than 1/2" wide with several
weak points of rust that had not worked to the outside of the metal.

I have POR-15, and other POR products including the metal putty, marine
cleaner, and a stronger etching product I can't remember the name of.
Has anyone figured out how to either just coat the inside of the rear
fenders with POR-15, or better yet clean the inside fender surfaces
first and then apply the POR-15?  If I read the description of the POR
metal putty correctly it should be able to fill the holes to become the
outside body surface and prevent any further rust from forming after the
external surface is finished and painted.  Has anyone used the putty in
this way?

Tom
69 2000
Portland