how to remove an engine and have fun doing it

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: how to remove an engine and have fun doing it
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 15:50:20 -0800
First, invite several roadster fanatics that you really enjoy having around
to help you. Augment with preparation, the proper tools, lots of careful
workmanship and voila! Instant engine removal!

Many thanks to Andrew Murphy, Shari Cottingham, Fergus O'Farrell, Jon
Frampton and Terry Turpin for a painless engine removal. We got started
about 11:30 and finished before 1:00PM. No chips, no dings, no errors. The
engine is on the stand, the trans is ready for repair, we BBQ'd up some
burgers and had a chance to hang with some great friends, cause let's face
it. How many people do you count as friends that will take time out of their
weekends to help you do a dirty job like pulling a motor? Not many, I'm
guessing, and I'm grateful to know you all!

The tranny goes in for repair (I HATE working on transmissions) and the
engine gets the treatment it deserves. All due in no small part to my
SoCalROC buds.

See you on the road soon.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA