RE: brakes and rear end

To: "'datsun_sports'" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: brakes and rear end
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:01:54 +1030
Hi Mike, my diff housing was so coated I didn't even know it was
alloy!
I just used a scraper to remove the worst of it then used a stiff
brush and kerosine followed by a high pressure garden hose nozzle.
Any de-greaser( preferably enviro friendly) should loosen the buildup
followed by a garden hose with a nozzle attached.
Same procedure with the axle housing but once the gunk is removed the
parts are subject to rust if the paint has gone as well.
Try using an old credit card trimmed if necessary, to remove the crud:
it is sharp but being plastic hopefully will not damage what paint is
left.
My SP310 manual specifies Hypoid gear oil no. MP90 (in warmer climates
>32Deg C MP140).
I would recommend Castrol but any good quality brand name should be
ok.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
Adelaide, South Australia.