RE: Ouch!

To: "'Ryan Bird'" <birdman@myrealbox.com>,
Subject: RE: Ouch!
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:13:22 +1030
Ryan,
glad to hear you are OK.
My daughter (21 y.o. and about 50Kg) was rear ended whilst she was
staionary at a stop light about 4 months ago.
A fully laden Ford utility with a fully laden tandem trailer at
~50KpH.
A 1992 Nissan Pulsar GTiR with a very crumpled rear floor pan, a
daughter in hospital for observation.
The impact forced her back into the high backed bucket seat
disengaging the tunnel side recliner mechanism.
She is still receiving Physiotherapy for neck problems.
Moral? Wearing Seat Belts is mandatory in Australia: High backed seats
or low backs with headrests are essential.
Puts a funny feeling in your gut when you look at the quaint low back
buckets in the early roadsters!
Me thinks I'll re-build the original seats for originality and shows,
but fit a roll bar with pendant headrests for any serious touring.
Hope you recover O.K.

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
Adelaide, South Australia.