engine work

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine work
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:13:15 -0800
I put the transmission in the van yesterday and took it over to be poked and
prodded by an expert. Today, I took a look at the motor. I noticed that one
of the block freeze plugs under the exhaust manifold was seeping. Good thing
the trans decided to act up when it did.

When I put the motor back in the car about a year ago, I whacked on all the
plugs and they appeared solid enough. Guess I was wrong. 30 year old freeze
plugs do go bad after all. Sure they are a pain to pry out of the block, but
if one blows and like mine, it's hidden and you can't see it leaking it's
bye-bye engine.

My 20-20 hindsight advice is if you got the engine out, change those freeze
plugs!

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600