Brake shims

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake shims
From: "Randy Hougham" <hougham@indianvalley.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:33:45 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I've seen people talking about the shim washers on the front calipers. Now I
know what they are. We are taking the brakes off our parts car and putting
them on our restoration car. I have found different shims in different places
(some even used as flat washers under the lock washers) What are we shimming
for? what clearances are we looking for? The shop book that I have is for most
Datsuns pre 1971 and has no information on the Dunlop calipers.

Any thing else I should know about these brakes?

What is this about Volvo brakes?

Thanks, Randy and Clay
1969 2000