What's a crankshaft and / or head worth

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's a crankshaft and / or head worth
From: "Jon and Maggie" <jm.rider@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:11:17 -0800
Hi All,

I have an opportunity to pick up some 2000 roadster engine parts.  Among them
are 2 heads and a crankshaft.

The heads have been shaved before, 1 has towers & 1 does not.  There or no
valves, no thermostat housings etc. The seats have been steaked.  Both were
flat gauged and one seemed fine, the other was questionable.

The crank has been magnaflux'd, ground 10/20 and was wrapped.

The question is, what are these items worth?  To be honest, one method I use
to supplement the cost of owning a 69 roadster is by buying parts cheap and
selling what I don't need or choose to stockpile on ebay.  Everybody's happy
and no good roadster parts go to waste.  However, there are no heads or cranks
that have been sold recently and I don't want to purchase and loss money.
Rallye doesn't even show a 2000 crank in their list of parts - new or used.
And based on my own experience with heads, no good roadster head should go to
waste.  I have read in the list that these are a rare commodity...

Any experience selling these items.

Sincerely,

Jon Rider
69 2000