Re: engines

To: SLBESQ@aol.com, datsun_sports@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engines
From: snyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:18:03 -0600
At 5:38 PM -0500 1/30/03, SLBESQ@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 01/30/2003 2:36:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>datsun_sports@hotmail.com writes:
>
>>  is there a 67 1600 long and short block? what is the difference? will both
>>  fit into othe same place?
>>
>>  mike
>>

>i believe the terms refer to, when buying an engine, whether it comes with
>the cylinder head attached (long block) or not (short block).
>67.5MIZU

Yah,  Same animal, more bits on a long block.  Why they're called
that (long and short block) I have no idea.  Could be even more
confusing..."Is that a Chevy small block long block, or a big block
short block?"  It could give you a mental block......

It's going to be an R16, but there may be subtle differences between
engines from these years 67 to 67.5 and from 68 and onward.  Gurus
want to wade in on this one?

-Marc T.