Possible to have rotors turned?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Possible to have rotors turned?
From: makinen@juno.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:08:57 -0700
Listers -

I have been lurking off and on for a few years now - thanks for all the
great tips and useful info.

I am currently doing some brake work and need to have the rotors turned.
Two different places have told me that they can't chuck up the rotors
because of the beveled dish shape - nothing to clamp to.

a) Has anyone solved this problem in the past?  Suggestions?

b) Is there a definitive spec on minimum usable thickness?

Thanks in advance.

- Scott Makinen
  Fort Collins, CO
  '69 2000

(WYCROCers, I plan to be back on the road by summer...)