OT? Math Problem?

To: datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT? Math Problem?
From: Robert Giel <giel@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:38:35 -0800
First, if this topic has created any problems for
the list, I apologize.

Second: You may not believe this, but math is one
of my strengths.  It has been so long since I was
in school, that I used to carry a slide rule! [No
jokes about, "What's a slide rule?", please! ]
<BG>  As for the California education system, and
New Math, when I went to school, the former was
still very good, and the latter, non-existent!

No, the problem was not my math, it was my shock.
I was having enough trouble allowing my mind to
comprehend an increase of fees TO 300% (for a
total of three times the original as I stated it),
let alone an increase OF 300% which would be four
times the original, as corrected (off line), by
Steve and others on the list.  A correction which
made me feel even worse.

Now, I have to absorb the information Adam sent
and worry all over again! The roads in California
are in such a state of disrepair, that even if we
pay the fees, there soon may be no place to drive
our Datsuns!  In my never humble opinion (IMNHO?):
I sincerely believe the only time government does
any good, is when they are closed for a holiday!
It seems they can't do anything without making
things worse than they were before they got
involved!

Thanks again for all the corrections and new
information.

Bob, in Los Angeles
'66' SPL311 05249
--------
Remember:
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.