SR20DET a good deaL??

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SR20DET a good deaL??
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:37:53 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
 Saw this add in a local paper for an SR20DET.

 RWD redtop SR20DET. Complete swap with
engine/tranny/harness/ecu/intercooler/etc to drop into your S13/S14 240SX.
Pulled from a 1993 180SX with aproximately 35k miles. $1850

Emailed the guy asking for more info and this is what he sent me.

My friend lives in Japan and he had a 1993 180SX that had been rearended.  It
had about 35k miles at the time and he decided to part out the car.  He pulled
the motor and everything himself so it is a very clean removal and not like
some of the hack jobs Ive seen.
It is basically the front clip without the frame.  I could list everything
thats there if you really want to but that might take awhile.  The only thing
you would need is a clutch (you wouldnt want to re-install an old clutch
anyways).
I will try to get some pictures of it within a couple days.  Or you are welcome
to come and check it out; Im about 1hr north of SF.

Now I know that this is real cheap for one of these...People help me with why
the DET version is not a good idea as
compared to the DE version?
 Thanks,
    Daniel 69 2000