Engine Questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Questions
From: Ken Mack <dkmt@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 02:53:59 -0800
To start a new question...

How stout is the U20?  I've read up on this death rattle, the bracket
that goes around the cam gear that gets sheared off by the timing chain.
Other than that possibility, has anyone experienced any other
performance problems with it?  Weak bottom end, lazy valve springs, poor
ignition.  I realize that the engine developed over 30 years ago, so
yeah, it will have some limitations... but I want to hear about owners
pumping some really good HPs out of it.  I'd rather stay away from
engine swapping if I can.  I am coming to the conclusion that if I do
not have a welding set... I am stuck with stock.  Sorry, to all the
purists, but I am a power hungry gear head.

I think Tim Allen said it best... R R R R R R R R R R!

Thanks for all you info and advise, thus far;
Ken