Re: roadster brakes question

To: tom@fransfancies.com
Subject: Re: roadster brakes question
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 02:24:06 EST
In a message dated 2/22/03 12:21:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tom@fransfancies.com writes:

> Steve,
>
> It sounds like you might be trying to use metric threads on your new brake
> lines.  Roadsters are SAE only.  I used pickup (66-71 L510/L520 I think)
> lines on
> my car, which are available from your local distributor and they threaded
> in
> smooth and easily with only two fingers.  No leaks yet.  Maybe you can find
> braided lines for these pickups.
>
> Tom

paul, gary, and tom
thank you for responding to my plea for help.
i think i damaged the fitting threads on the hard line, and therefore looked
to swapping the line.  i believe i tightened the fitting too much and it
expanded over the flare.  the result was that the fitting expanded to a size
that made it very difficult to remove, and then did not allow me to even
insert it in the new stainless braided line.  sounds like you were right paul
about the different lengths of the fittings.  the fittings also had a
non-threaded part at the end of it.  the one i swapped from the other car did
not.  and it threaded fine into the stainless line.

so i took the line off my other car (not sure why i didn't think of that
before, the other car just sits there), and replaced it.  now i have all 3
soft lines replaced with braided stainless lines from CDM  (thanks les and
dennis).