update on Craig

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: update on Craig
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:50:20 -0500
Thank you everyone for your good wishes and prayers. I printed off the first
series of emails and took them to Craig last evening. I read them to him and
he had to ask for a box of tissues. He was so touched to know that he has
reached so many of you over the years.

I called the hospital this morning and he had a peaceful evening. His
brother Kirk is down from New York and will be keeping him company for a few
days. I tell Craig to relax and all he can do is keep adding to my list of
people I need to reach. For those of you who know Craig well, he was in the
middle of 5 car deals when this happened. He is already trying to plan when
he can deliver a car to Pittsburgh, which will go on to Michigan, 27
Chrysler.

He will be in the hospital for 5-7 days. They have not assessed the full
extent of the damage, but he will have six weeks of outpatient rehab. he is
still planning to be at Carlisle and Summit Point in May. I think Road
Atlanta is out for April. I wanted to fly out to CA for Shasta this summer,
but we will have to see. When are the dates?

No health insurance, I work as an independent contractor for DDF, so we will
take one day at a time. The chubby, jolly Craig will be replaced with a new
improved model. he is being placed on a 1500 cal a day regime with lots of
walking. No lifting datsun engines or 150 lb. boxes of starters(that's what
started this).

If any of you are interested in dropping him a card:
Craig Halsted
Winchester Regional Medical Center
Cardiac Care Unit-Room 3006
1840 Amherst Street
Winchester, VA

Again thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. They mean the world to us. I
have never met a more generous group of car people that Datsun Roadster
Owners.
Elaine, Craig and Victoria