4 sp vs. 5 sp

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 4 sp vs. 5 sp
From: TCR2B@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 06:39:33 EDT
Hi list,

I should probably know this already, but I don't.  Are there substantial
design differences between the 4 speed and 5 speed transmissions (1600 vs.
2000)?  A friend at work told me he has an old Datsun factory workshop manual
for 2000 motor and tranny.  I've got a 1600, so the motor stuff is useless to
me, but if the transmissions are pretty much the same, it would be worth my
while to buy it from him for that data ( I see a possible rebuild down the
road).  Then again, if the whole thing is of not of much good for me, I'll
tell him about the list.  I expect one of you 2K guys would like to get it.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Davenport
'67 1600
RROC