Some more questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Some more questions
From: TCR2B@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 23:41:55 EDT
Hello list,

Thanks for the prompt response to my question the other day (4sp vs. 5 sp).
You guys are great !  I thought that there was about no interchangibility
between internals, but wasn't sure.  Now I know.  One listee mentioned that I
might want to get the manual anyway, because if I were to buy a 5 speed
tranny, I might need the manual later.

So here's my new questions:

1.  What's it take to bolt a 5 speed onto an R16 motor?  A 5 speed 1600 might
be nice.

2. What's the proper way to fasten the choke cable "sheath" to the little
"barrel" cast into the carb housing?  I noticed today that PO had used some
thin gage wire to "fasten" (really, tie) the sheath to the barrel.  I know
that's not right, but not sure as to the correct way to do this.  Choke cable
OD (the sheath) appears to be of the proper dia. to mate up to the barrel on
the carb casting.

3. How much POR 15 would I likely need to do the floorboards in a roadster?
Pulled seats out today (checking fit-up of a street rollbar).  Floorboards
didn't look too bad, but I want to keep them that way.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Davenport
Rustburg Roadsters
'67 1600