Race Car Update

Subject: Race Car Update
From: Chris Coker <chriscoker@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 22:26:51 -0400
Greetings Roadster Race Fans,

Last weekend was my first race of the season at Waterford Hills, MI.  Also
the first race with the new race engine in the car.  I had the car out to a
practice day earlier in the week to break in the engine, but didn't get any
hot laps in due to a rain soaked track.

Right out of the box, the car was a second a lap quicker, and I'm having to
re-learn how to drive the car.  My tires have quite a few heat cycles on
them too.  So, there's still some more speed to squeeze out of the car.

The good news is that I won all three races during the weekend.  My
competition consisted of last year's class champion, a Fiat X1/9.  He was
having reliability problems on Saturday, but I was always a few tenths
faster than him.

I had a bit of a hot start problem, but I attribute that to the float levels
being a bit high.  Other than that, no real problems with the new motor or
car.

My next race will be the Double Regional at Grattan May 24-25, and then I
should be back at Waterford May 31-June 1.

Happy roadstering,

--
Chris Coker
69 1600 SPL311      <http://mywebpages.comcast.net/chriscoker/roadster.html>