Tetanus went racing too!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tetanus went racing too!
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 22:19:53 -0500
Last weekend was the Grand Prix of Texas.  I won E-Prepared in Tetanus.  It's
easy to win when you are the only one in the class.  Nobody showed up to race
against me.  The new motor ran really well.  The cam was off one tooth and
thanks to the list I figured it out and timed it properly.  It was like adding
100 horsepower or hitting the nitrous button.  The new high compression motor
was truly impressive.  It would burn the 11.5 inch slicks in first second and
third.  I had to be careful exiting corners in third to not fry the tires all
the way down the straight.  The car broke on the second day of the event.  I
have come to expect something to break every time.  This time it was the
shifter fork.  The tranny stuck in third.  I finished up my autocross runs in
my dad's BMW.  The tires are a little old and not quite so sticky so my lap
times were not real fast.  The car did run very well and handled well since I
monkeyed with the shock settings and swaybar bushings.  I have pulled the
motor and tranny.  It looks like I have run out of good five speeds so I will
be putting a four speed in.  I also replaced my water pump pulley with a
larger diameter one from a Camero.  The water pump tends to cavitate at high
rpms.  The larger pulley turns the pump slower and also draws less power from
the motor.
Later,

Andy