Re: help wipers now yugo and long winded

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: help wipers now yugo and long winded
From: lou daly <lou_daly@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 13:29:34 -0700 (PDT)
yugo pivots are mostly plastic

i had no wipers on my run from tucson to toronto last
july (wasn't expecting rain)

stopped in tucumcari at a wrecking yard and the guy
let me wonder around to see if i could find

the yugo is the right size and the arm might work well
on a tall w/shield car (modify for the low)

i took out the tach and operated the yugo wiper by
hand through the hole (tach doesn't work anyway)
for a heavy downpour near the great lakes

i got it all glued together for my mot inspection
but had to cut the length off the yugo pivot where it
connects to the rod as the rod was binding and i
damaged the plastic threads brazing the metal bits
back together back together - so i cannot tighten it
wery tight - so now i crazy glued it ... we'll see

i think they would work if i didn't mess it up

lou