Re: distributor advance mechanism question

To: Brian Hollands <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Subject: Re: distributor advance mechanism question
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 13:20:20 -0600
Brian,
That's a good question.  The same is true for the later distributors
Hitachi made for Nissan, even the electronic units.  My best guess is
one slot is made extra long and the short slot, which determines the
amount of mechanical advance, is made with much more precision.  The
longer slot has no effect on the amount of advance.
Gary