Re: Oil Leak from the fuel pump opening

To: Geegc@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil Leak from the fuel pump opening
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:50:01 -0500 (CDT)
Gary,

Verify that your crankcase vent is not plugged. It may be that the
crankcase presure is pushing the oil out. If you want to use the fuel pump
blockoff plate as an extra crankcase vent you can drill a hole in the
plate and tap in a brass fitting so you can connect a 1/2" or lager hose
that is run up to a point higher than the head and left open. If the hose
slopes down to the engine it will drain any oil blown up into the hose
back into the engine. You may be able to route it along with the
alternator wiring, then behind the battery and it will hardly show.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA