U20 Heads

To: datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: U20 Heads
From: <sh92@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:18:00 -0400
My machine shop just informed me that my U20 head measures 4.479" from top to
bottom.  New is 4.528"   This is a difference of 0.049"   They also said that
after a touch-up pass the difference will increase to 0.054"
My question is,  even though the book reccomends no more than 0.020" shaved,
has anybody had a problem with this?  My machinist says it will slightly retard
the timing giving me more of a top end but reducing my low end power. He says I
can shim the towers if i want to but doesn't feel it is necessary.  It's my
call whether or not to shim.
Anybody have any experiance with this?
Feel free to e-mail me directly

Scott Haynes
WPB, FL
'68 2000
'69 2000
SH92@Bellsouth.net

P.S.  Could also use a good line on a gasket set or two!