SRL 311 #13774 finally on the road

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SRL 311 #13774 finally on the road
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 19:08:50 +0000
To List,

In case anyone was interested, my car is finally on the road.  Took it out
on the highway for the first time yesterday.  It runs a bit rich, but at
least it has left the driveway on what I hope will be a consistent basis.
This car was my first car I ever owned.  I bought it on the 3rd anniversary
of Mt. St. Helens eruption.  Car was purchased on May 18, 1983.  It had
about 79,000 when I bought it (from local Datsun dealer) and has about
100,800 on it now.

Car had a seized engne (turned out to be a fallen valve seat) and sat in my
garage for about six years until last spring when I took it apart.  It has
pseudo-rebuild of engine (didn't replace pistons, crank, etc.) but all new
bearing, rings, seals, machine work, etc.  For 100,000 miles on engine the
shop was really impressed about engine wear.  Still has standard pistons,
etc.  Only machining that need to be done was on crank, .010.  Had head
rebuilt with all new stuff.  Put in B cam and added Solex's.  Rebuilt
tranny, brakes (front and rear), lots of new stuff, etc.

Anyway, it's not much to look at, but at least it runs.  Incredible thanks
to the entire List for all your help and advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I couldn't
have done it without you!!!!

Thanks again!!

Allen Blackmon
1970 2000 13774