RE: getting a title

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: getting a title
From: TCR2B@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:23:18 EDT
Tim,

Don't know if this will be of any help, but I had to go thru these rigors in
getting a title for my '67 titled here in VA.

PO had car registered in NH. They don't bother with titling cars that old
there, so all I had was the PO's NH registration.

Also needed a written Bill of Sale from PO (didn't need to be notarized).

TN DMV should have a "Blue Book" or NADA book that goes back that far.  When
I got mine titled, they had to get an old book to check the VIN number.  It
was held together with rubber bands !  Looked like it had been used from that
time frame.

Ask them what their documentation says.  You're probably dealing with
bureaucrats that don't exactly understand that imported cars from the 1960's
had
different VIN numbers from what they're used to seeing today.

Good luck.

Mike Davenport
'67 1600 (getting close)