Re: 2L motor into 1966 body questions

To: ewittinger@pixelworks.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2L motor into 1966 body questions
From: "n ruff" <u20power67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:44:29 -0500
Eric-
I did this swap several years ago.
The only changes I remember...
1.  Stock SU aircleaner had to be modified or massage the inner fender to
fit.
2.  Shifter location farther forward.
3.  Either have to route speedo cable through the side of the tunnel or
massage tunnel  enough to allow for the 90 degree adapter from the 1600.
4.  You will need to drop the tranny mount bracket, as well as use a 5 speed
mount (which you already mentioned).
5.  I used a 2 liter radiator to avoid modifying a 1600 radiator although
I'm sure it would cool well also.
6.  You will also have to swap in an oil pressure sending unit from the 1600
motor as the 2L (at least the later models) used manual oil pressure gauges
instead of electric.
7.  I ran new exhaust all the way back, so I am unsure if any mods would
need to be made with it.

Besides these easy changes, it is a real straight forward swap.
Oh, I forgot to mention that you may need to replace that 1600 badging ;-).

Nathan