Re: need to compress suspension while car is jacked up.

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: need to compress suspension while car is jacked up.
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:26:04 -0500 (CDT)
Daniel,

The easiest way I know of is to temove the spring and put the suspension
back together. It will take some time, but you won;t have to deal with a
spring under compression. This is also the safest way.

You might be able to use a spring compressor to compress the spring, but
it might get in the way of what you want to do. Personally, I wouldn't do
it just in case the compressor slipped while you were under the car.
Springs can be dangerous!

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA