Wheels/Tires problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheels/Tires problem
From: Andrew Taylor <tayloran@mail.med.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 18:38:30 -0400
Thanks to everybody who chimed in on the my tires question.  Of
course, nothing in life is simple, especially when you incorrectly
remember your wheel size.

So it turns out, on closer inspection, that I have 14 X 4.5 steel
wheels, on which the PO had mounted 185/70/14 tires.

I'd like to use a wider wheel if I can (5.5? yes? will it fit?) but
since I can't afford a full set of alloys right now, is there a steel
wheel out there that will fit?  Should I just give up and remount
185/70's?  There don't seem to be too many performance tires in this
size...

What do I do to keep my costs down and my driving happiness up?

Thanks,
Andrew