At the End of a Very Frustrating Roadster Day

To: <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Subject: At the End of a Very Frustrating Roadster Day
From: "Jon and Maggie" <jm.rider@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:36:28 -0700
Team,

He wrote "So at the end of this very frustrating roadster day...no turn
signals and no brake lights...guess what happens...Irene decides to open the
garage door to put our bikes in not noticing that I had moved the engine hoist
out of the way so I could work on the reverse lights...And, bam, the garage
door grabs it and ...smashes it down on my trunk...first dents in my car
ever..."

My experience went like this:  Just had the roadster painted and diligently
put it in the garage every night.  One night my middle son, Nick, was mowing
the lawn and moved the step ladder we were using to paint with off of the
lawn.  He chose to leave it leaning on the outside of the garage door.  Well.
there it sat until the next morning when I went through the inside garage door
and used the inside opener to open the door.  I was surprised by the load
noise when the door opened.  It was too late before I figured it all out and,
BAM, the ladder was laying across the trunk of the roadster.  The 1st and only
scratches/dents in the roadster to date.  While I was pretty darned pissed off
when it happened, I realized that "that's life" - if it wasn't him it would be
me or someone else.  I've got a daily runner and I figure she is going to get
"bruised".  I'm just glad she's not dead like SPL310-10172. Bless her roadster
sole :-(

I had a situation recently where my blinkers weren't working and it ended up
being something very simple!  Check your fusses & contacts in the fuss box.

Took the roadster over to Eastern Washington (Leavenworth) again yesterday - a
round trip mission.  I was pleased.  It is the first time my Wife has been in
this one for any kind of trip and the first time she's been in a roadster in
over 20 years.  It was fun just worrying about us for once - the kids stayed
home.  We had a lot of fun!  The Car ran SWEET and the weather was perfect
too.  Also discovered an added benefit of taking the roadster - limits the
amount of stuff that can be bought!

You all have fun at Shasta!  I'm looking forward to pictures.

Sincerely,
Jon
'69 2000 now
'69 2000 20+ years ago