Re: Redline Oils

To: Phill Brook <fairlady@telstra.com>
Subject: Re: Redline Oils
From: Russ & Lee <rulee@motion.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:36:59 -0500
I agree with Mike, my 70 1600 overheated in the mountains  bringing it
home to Illinois, from San
Diego, Ca. when I bought it 7 years ago. When I got home I flushed the
cooling system, twice,
Then cleaned the drain hole on the block(clogged with debris) I left the
water running (hose in the block) and fished around in the drain hole
for quite a while, and was supprised the amount of crud that washed
out.  I haven't had any cooliing problems since. I do have an auxilliary
elect fan iinstalled by the previous owner, but have no need to use it.
Russ Southwell 70 1600