RE: 0.065 Pistons for U20?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 0.065 Pistons for U20?
From: John Hogan <mad@madgrizzle.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:39:57 -0400
No, the engine was bored that way as you can still see the cross-hatching
on the cylinder walls.  The machinist said he would mic it out for me and
he was just as surprised as I was to find out it was 0.065.  I've got a
second engine block that has a hole forming in cylinder #1.  He said he
could put a sleeve in that one and bore it to what it needs to be.  The
other cylinders are 0.020 at the moment... just need to find new pistons
for it.

Was mainly curious if at sometime they had some special pistons for the U20.

John Hogan

At 08:06 PM 8/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Never heard of a .065" piston. Maybe someone was building a turbo motor with
>forged pistons and was going for the clearance. Or maybe they were running
>.060" over pistons and it wore out that much.
---