Re: lurker has carb question

To: matthew peterson <pete_303@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: lurker has carb question
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:28:32 -0500
On the carbs, and "old timers trick" is yarn coated with heavy grease
and wrapped around the shafts to prevent air leaking.

You realize you need SOME air leaking, other wise the shafts wouldn't
move. So if the rpm increased when you sprayed carb cleaner on the
shafts, not much to be alarmed about. If the rpm goes from 800 to 1400
rpm every time you wiggle the shafts.. they really need to be rebushed,
but try the yard trick to get your through the rest of the summer.

Not sure on your switches... but look closely at the retaining nut.
Two little holes... special tool, but I always cheated with using a
dental pick to tighten them... and some soft jaw pliers to remove
stubborn ones.

Tom