Help with Volvo Calipers

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Help with Volvo Calipers
From: <davidtotah@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:44:38 -0700 (PDT)
I am in the last stages of doing my volvo caliper
swap, but I have hit a problem/question.

When the calipers are mounted there is barely enough
room to slide the brake pad in on the inner side of
the caliper (the side closest to the engine
compartment.  Should I or do I need to shim the
calipers away so that the disk lines up more evenly
spaced between the pads?

I need to get this done tomorrow becaise I am moving.
The narrow space has also caused a bit of scraping on
the disk.  I pulled the caliper and ground down the
inner lip (not the part near the inner seal).

Any help would be really apprecaited.