Re: High beams

To: Carolyn&PaulGabriel <heyace@cox.net>
Subject: Re: High beams
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:09:09 -0700
> ...how about any Ideas why my high beams are not working.

Are your high beams not working, or your low beams?

As I recall (and it's been a long week so I may be wrong) the
headlight relay (this is a '69, 70's are different!) in it's 'normally
closed' i.e. off position activates the high beams. Activating the
relay, which is what the stalk does, turns off the high beams and
turns on the low beams. So you could have a bad stalk switch, or
a bad relay, or bad wiring. Or, the main headlight switch may be
dirty. I found that if I don't pull my switch ALL of the way out (that
is, it's pushed in just a wee bit from the on position), I don't have
power to the relay and thus my highs are stuck on...

If it's good, your 'high beam' red light should tell you if your highs
are on...

-- John