Wiring (and mounting) Advice

To: ianmiller07@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring (and mounting) Advice
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:30:57 -0400
ian and everyone,

sorry, i really have no idea about your wiring questions.  but i was
wondering....i too have (had?) the GM one-wire, mounted with an air pump
aluminum bracket on my H20.  because the alternator has only one "foot," it is
attached to the bracket and somewhat cantilevered toward the front of the car
on a 6 inch long bolt.  i have no further attachment on the front edge of the
alternator.  the top bracket is the only other mounting point.

i haven't driven the car since noticing that this set-up has resulted in two
very large cracks in the body of the alternator.  so, how do you have the
alternator mounted?  do you have a bracket on the leading edge of the
alternator?  if so, to what is it mounted?

i haven't driven my car in FOREVER because of this.....can anyone help with a
suggestion?

thanks in advance for all your help.

steve
675MIZU