Goodbye Sadie

To: <dc@datsuns.net>
Subject: Goodbye Sadie
From: "Jon and Maggie" <jm.rider@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:50:15 -0700
I enjoyed reading your fond memories of the roadster.  I said goodbye to my
1st ('The Big D') after owning her for 8+ years (through college and 1st
couple of years of marriage) and I felt the same - I always said "It was the
only car I ever had a love affair with". I also loved the looks on the faces
of those who just didn't understand what The Roadster was all about until they
met 'her' in person.

I just couldn't stay away - 20 years was too long....   I now have a blooming
new affair with my latest SRL.  She's an everyday driver and has been
extremely reliable to date.  I am amazed at how many people comment on her
looks.  I probably get four to six extremely positive comments a day.  Seems
that almost everyone has had an experience with them.  Many comments start
with "I used to ..." or I had a friend who used to...." or "I always wanted to
..."  and then they proceed to tell me their stories.

I often wonder if 'The Big D' is still out there somewhere or whether she
became a 'donor' vehicle.  I sold her in 1981 while living in Kirkland
Washington.  She was pearl white, had red highlights on the sides of the hood
vents, had a roll bar with red interior - custom diamond tuck and roll, and
non stock wheels.  I also had 6 x 9 speaker cans custom built and installed in
the panels directly behind the seats (not the side panels but those that face
the back of the seats - lower panels - not behind the top when down).
Anyone on the list have a car that has/had any of these characteristics ?????

Jon
'69 2000 Roadster
Bothell WA

On a side note:  The weather here has been Great this year for owning a
roadster.  I drive my Little Lady to work every day and she's not covered when
I'm parked.  Still, I haven't had to have the top on her since early July and
I've only had the soft top up twice since June.  Wow!  When I walk out to her
after work - she often has a small crowd around her....