New Roadster owner

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: New Roadster owner
From: SPYDER62@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:11:33 EDT
Hi All
  Been lurking on here for some time as I looked for a Roadster. Well, today
was the day went and looked at a 68/1600 and will go back and tow it home next
Saturday. After seeing at what 2000 engine parts go for I started to look for
a 1600.
Photo can be seen at
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yenko_stinger65/lst?.dir=/Datsun+roadster&;
.view=t
 Now for the questions
 1. The engine has a water leak at the front below the filled neck and on
start up it was spitting water out as if the head has a crack or a head gasket
is
gone.  The spitting seamed to stop as rev;s went up but is going for it big
time at idle. Any other ideas? I'm a air-cooled guy 7 Corvairs, Last Datsun I
had was 25+ years ago.
 2. can an early flat dash be installed in a later car without too much
hacking?
 that's all for now but more will come after I get it home.
thanks
rich (in Salem OR)