early engine late alternator mount?

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: early engine late alternator mount?
From: Leigh Brooks <shifty@shiftco.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:16:13 -0700
Hi folks,

I pulled the motor from the junker '68 today. I'm puzzled by the
alternator mount - it's on the same side as the manifolds - like the
later R16's (I think - most of my engine fun so far has been with the
G-series in the 1500). This motor is a 3-main bearing, block # R 27460,
which puts it at about 1967.

As you can see in the photos:

http://www.shiftco.com/datsun/alt_mount.jpg

http://www.shiftco.com/datsun/alt_mount_2.jpg

it has a different engine mount on this side which incorporates a mount
for the alternator. Is this from a later car? From the '68 1600 body
that the motor was in, or perhaps a Bluebird RL411?

I should be able to use the regular engine mount, correct? What do I
need to mount the alternator on the other side?

Leigh Brooks
Seattle