I'm a roadster-ist

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm a roadster-ist
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:24:14 -0700
Maybe it's just my imagination, but as the Summer wanes, I seem to be
getting a lot more wistful looks from SUV and minivan drivers. Just going to
the market this afternoon (yes, my roadster is a going-to-the-market car) I
must have gotten at least a dozen 'gee I wish I was driving that' looks!
Yes, I had just gotten a haircut recently, but I don't think it looks THAT
funny. Besides, people were eyeballing the car, not me. I'm sure of it.

Guess it just finally set in that summer is going bye-bye when suddenly
here's a gaudy blue roadster buzzing through the line of soccer mom cars
with top down and radio blasting Zepplin's 'Black Dog'. Some guys have all
the luck.

Hey! That's me!

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA