GM Alternator question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: GM Alternator question
From: SPYDER62@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:54:34 EDT
 Hi All
  The PO of my car did a GM one wire conversion, and last night after driving
home, went out to move the car into the shop and it had a dead battery. The
Headlights never have been bright even when battery shows 13 volts, so drive
day time only, Just went out and tried to check the Alternator and it looks
like
it's only putting out 4 volts at rev's. I did energize it then took the wire
off the battery post, is there a better way?
thanks

rich
7 Corvairs
61 Econoline PU
68 Datsun roadster (still working the bugs out)
68 Ultra Van #333
87 Shelby GLHS