Cost Disclaimer

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Cost Disclaimer
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 21:35:18 -0700
Hey All,

I didn't realize that my thread about how much my restoration cost me would
cause such a stir and in fairness to Ross and the great staff at Sports
Imports, I feel inclined to offer some explanations.

First off, the number I quoted was my TOTAL costs including travel expenses
and parts I did not buy from Ross over a four year period. Also, when I said
I could buy 7 or 8 restored cars for the amount I spent on my 67.5 2000 I
was thinking more along the lines of a nice runner and not a full frame off
restoration.

Ross has always been up front with me about the costs and has never
exagerrated the costs of his labor or the amount he spends on outsourced
services. He is fair and does exceptional work. If I gave the impression
that Ross is expensive, I will tell you straight out that he is less
expensive then just about any place you will find in the USA. The reason my
car took so much money was simple: It was a rusted out piece of crap with a
broken engine when I brought it to him and I get it back as a restored
beauty. 1000 hours of labor is what it takes to make that happen.

That being said, I also was surprised at how many people wrote to express
their thanks for me doing this as it served as an inspiration to get them
motivated to get going on their projects. Six different people wrote me to
say they are rejuvinated in their efforts to get their car projects rolling.
To them I say: YOU GO!

Many others wrote to say something along the lines of "What the hell. It's
only money...", while some others said I could have found any number of ways
to piss the money away. At least I will have something tangible for the
money.

So I guess the moral of my story is that if something is important enough to
you, you will find a way to make it happen.

I'll see you on the road in a week!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489

Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments.  Get Hotmail
Extra Storage!   http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es