differential modification (kinda off topic)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: differential modification (kinda off topic)
From: "n ruff" <u20power67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 16:15:03 -0500
Hey all-
I'm looking for some differential advice.  I am considering welding a rear
end to make a "full spool"  This is somewhat off topic as it is for dana
rear end, but I do recall some similar information crossing the list a while
back.  I seem to remember that some roadster racers were using this as a
poor man's locker?

What are the advantages or disadvantages?  How is
driveability/manuverability/traction (being 4wd) affected?

The rear end is in a jeep 4X4 comanche.  Great truck, but the side gear pin
has worn loose in the carrier.  Just looking for a inexpensive and easy
solutionto try before replacing the carrier.  I've always wanted to have a
fully locked differential anyway!  ;-)  ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
Nathan Ruffcorn

Roadster content- Three weeks ago I used the jeep to move one of the parts
cars across the road into a different shed.  Unknown to me, the rear brake
on the roadster was locked, leaving a 100ft "burnout" (and a severe
flatspot).

Help protect your PC.  Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.