510 Meet in Mountain View, CA

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 510 Meet in Mountain View, CA
From: "Tom Duffy" <tomuo@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:38:55 -0700
I stopped by the All Datsun Show&Swap hosted by North
California UFO.  I was only there for less than an hour, but
I didn't see any other Roadster owners.
About 20 cars were on show, and a few others.  I'd say
that more than half have been turned into street
racers, and very few still have the original L16 engine.
2400 Nissan Turbo Engine seemed to be the most
popular, although one guy had a Rotary engine in his.

510s have no common parts with the Roadster as far
as I know, so there is little incentive for SP and SR
owners to go to the predominently 510 "All Datsun"
meets.  Because of the racing aspect, the 510 owners
seem to be a younger crowd, but they sure do love
their cars like we do...

Tom Duffy
SPL311 Daily Driver
Sunnyvale CA.