speakers, rollbars and soft tops can they coexist?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: speakers, rollbars and soft tops can they coexist?
From: Will Slater <will45817@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:03:55 -0700 (PDT)
Does anyone have experience with placing speaker boxes
on the package shelf? I have two speakers under the
dash and an amp in the trunk but it is still difficult
to hear even with the top up. I would like to put two
6X9 speakers in the back and have room to put down the
soft top and have a rollbar. My questions are can you
put the top down ok with the rollbar in place? Can one
do all three; have speakers, roll bar and put the soft
top down? What size boxes will work if any? Are 6X9s
too big should one go smaller? Id appreciate others
view on this.
Will
'68 2L